Sunday, March 7, 2010

Damp Days In The Desert

I arrived in Palm Springs yesterday to visit with some friends who have a house here. Reportedly, they have something like 350 days of sun here so, of course, it rained today.

None the less, my friend Dave and I did about a 20 mile ride, much of it walking thru open houses. The market here, once hot, has cooled significantly so there is much desperation in the air. Many of the houses were decorated or staged like a Ramada Hotel or "McDesert" as my friend likes to say. Stucco gone wild.

I love modern and mid-century modern architecture so one house was quite appealing. It's currently on the market for $1.6 million but I suspect any reasonable offer over $1 million would be entertained. At the peak, it was probably $2 + million.









I loved the huge sliding door.























A very cool house but way too big and expensive for the street it on. If I won the lottery, I'd have it reduced by half the footprint and moved to an isolated location.

I have a dinner riding on it selling for under 1.3.

Tomorrow, I am off to explore the desert south of here. Warm temps and sun should cause the desert to explode with flowers. I will post pics and commentary once I have Internet access again.

Cheers

1 comment:

  1. So does this mean you've picked up the reconstructed Honda? Looking forward to hearing what you think of the new camping mobile.

    ReplyDelete